Saturday, June 20, 2015

You're A Special Kind of Unicorn...


I recently watched Lorde do a song cover of 'Don't tell 'em' by Jeremiah. I don't remember how I stumbled onto the video, but that's Youtube for ya.
Anyway, someone in the comments section was defending her for her somewhat strange choice of song (being she's a singer and the song she was covering was a rap song) and her style of choice; a naval bearing, crop-top t-shirt. This person basically said that Lorde's different and people can't understand those who are slightly different from them and don't fit their definition of normal, because she wouldn't be getting so much hate in the comments section otherwise.

If I can clarify, Lorde is only a little bit different.

Enough where people are interested in her without feeling too threatened, in my opinion.
Though some still inevitably are threatened.

She came into the mainstream being anti-Hollywood and anti-conformist, but all in all, that's only slightly cutting against the grain.

Lifestyles determine your normalcy.

Her lifestyle is still something to be envied, and therefore has nothing to really worry about by way of criticism because people can just yell 'you haterz!'

I, on the other hand, I'm very different, and because of that, will have no one defending me once I admit what my lifestyle goals are and dreams. Not even one person. I'm more than anti-Hollywood and anti-conformist. I'm sure I take the dam cake.

I would rather live in an underground hobbit house, or a mini home; something unique and different and low-costing. I don't want to spend my life working for things I won't be able to fully or thoroughly enjoy. But that's too different. That's the difference that can't be supported or encouraged.


No comments:

Post a Comment